Quick selection tool.
Refine edges dialogue has many new options for expanding, contacting, and refining edges
of selected area
- Operates on the selection, not the base image. Select edge
and blur still necessary to blur edges of adjacent areas.
Quick selection tool suppliements majic wand.
imitates plug-in Mask Pro, which may no longer be needed
Much improved raw file processing.
- New Vibrance slider works with saturation slider. Vibrance slider much less likely to
cause clipping compared to saturation slider
- New recovery slider adds back highlight tones
- New fill light slider adds detail to shadows
- It should be possible to get much closer to the final image by using only the raw controls.
Auto align and auto blend will automatically stitch multiple images into
panoramas. There are many panorama perspective options. This may eliminate the need for
stand-alone panorama stitchers. Per this authors package evaluations, the class acts in
panorama stitchers are panorama factory and panavue image assembler
Brightness-contrast tool less likely to cause clipping. Note: curves still a better choice
Black and white conversion now allows for easier color range selection. Similar to conversion
options in ColorEfex plug-in. .
content of this web site is solely the editorial
opinion of Jeffrey Sward. All images, graphics,
and written content of this web site, including
the html files, are creative products covered
by copyright law. All content copyright Jeffrey
Sward 1975-2016. All rights reserved. No portion
of this web site or its constituent elements
may be reproduced in any form, by any means,
without prior written permission. So there.