J.M. Davis Arms and Historical Museum, Claremore, Oklahoma
Tribute by Jeffrey Sward
 
Click any picture to enlarge
Click here to view Roadside Attractions list.
J.M. Davis Arms and Historical Museum Claremore Oklahoma phtograph by Jeffrey Sward J.M. Davis Arms and Historical Museum Claremore Oklahoma phtograph by Jeffrey Sward
J.M. Davis Arms and Historical Museum Claremore Oklahoma phtograph by Jeffrey Sward J.M. Davis Arms and Historical Museum Claremore Oklahoma phtograph by Jeffrey Sward
Click any picture to enlarge

 

 

In 1917, J.M. Davis moved to Claremore, Oklahoma, and purchased and operated the Mason Hotel. By 1929, he had accumulated 99 types of guns and at that time, he began to display his collection on the walls of the Mason Hotel. A few decades later, the collection had grown to 50,000 firearms.

The collection also includes 1200 beer steins, swords, knives, Indian artifacts, household antiques, bootjacks, local cattle brands, animal horns,trophy heads, John Rogers Statuary, music boxes of the late 1800's, cylinder, disc and hand-pump type organs, and various musical instruments.

In 1969, the J.M. Davis Arms & Historical Museum opened to the public, with support of the State of Oklahoma and an independent foundation.  In this modem 40,000 square foot building there are 57 rows of display cases.

Visit the J.M. Davis Arms and Historical Museum web site.

 

All written content of this web site is solely the editorial opinion of Jeffrey Sward. All images, graphics, and written content of this web site, including the html files, are creative products covered by copyright law. All content copyright Jeffrey Sward 1975-2017. All rights reserved. No portion of this web site or its constituent elements may be reproduced in any form, by any means, without prior written permission. So there.